Thursday, October 30, 2014

Low Carb High Fat Sweet Pizza Crust

Last weekend I did the awesome low carb high fat pizza I posted about several months ago and my wife had a great idea: "what if we didn't add the powdered garlic to the crust and did a sweet pizza with the same crust?"

So today I decided to try it and here's the result:

The idea is to use these small pieces and add a syrup on top (like chocolate or strawberry), as well as a couple of pieces of fruit (e.g. strawberry, blackberries or raspberries).

The recipe is very similar to the one I use for the crust of the low carb high fat pizza.

Crust Ingredients
  • 3 cups shredded cheese (a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar is best)
  • 16 oz of cream cheese
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 cups of almond meal flour
  • 2 cups of artificial sweetener

Melt the shreeded cheese and the cream cheese in the microwave for 1 minute and then just mix everything together in a blender (or by hand) and put it in the oven at 425F for about 10 minutes (if I use my electric convect oven, I need about 10 minutes, but on the gas oven it took about 15 minutes) - just keep an eye on the oven to make sure you don't over cook it!

And that's about it! Enjoy! :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment